VMware: vDiagram script by Alan Renouf
January 27, 2009 3 Comments
Alan Renouf created a new powershell / vi toolkit script which draws a nice diagram of your VI environment.
You will need:
- Powershell V1 (I haven’t tried it on V2 yet)
- The VI Toolkit
- Microsoft Visio (I have only tried 2003 +)
How to use:
- Download the zip file from the bottom of this page
- Once extracted copy the ‘My-VI-Shapes.vss’ file to your ‘My Documents\My Shapes’ folder. If the folder does not exist create it and copy the file in.
- Run the powershell script with the following options:
To diagram the entire Infrastructure:
vDiagram.ps1 -VIServer MYVISERVER
To diagram a specific cluster use the following:
vDiagram.ps1 -VIServer MYVISERVER -Cluster "Production Cluster’
More info and the script can be found over here: http://teckinfo.blogspot.com/2009/01/vdiagram-document-your-vi-with-one.html
Alan keep up the good work!