- Definition of the technical decision flow through the planning process.
- Listing of decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
- Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
- Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
These guides complement product documentation by focusing on infrastructure design options.
Each guide leads the reader through critical infrastructure design decisions, in the appropriate order, evaluating the available options for each decision against its impact on critical characteristics of the infrastructure. The IPD Series highlights when service and infrastructure goals should be validated with the organization and provides additional questions that should be asked of service stakeholders and decision makers.
IPD consists of the following downloadable packages:
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Series Introduction
- Selecting the Right Virtualization Technology
- Microsoft SoftGrid Application Virtualization
- Windows Server Virtualization (for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1)
- New! Windows Deployment Services
- New! Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services
- New! Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
The guides are available as individual downloads or as a single all-in-one package.
Send questions or feedback to us directly at SATfdbk@microsoft.com
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- These download files work with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Word 2007 (.docx)
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 (.doc)
- A Word viewer such as Word Viewer 2003.
- To start the download, select a file from the list of Files in this Download on this page.
- Save the .zip file to your preferred location on your computer.
Solution Accelerators are free, scenario-based guides and automations designed to help IT professionals who are proactively planning, deploying, and operating IT systems using Microsoft products and technologies. Solution Accelerator scenarios focus on security and compliance, management and infrastructure, and communication and collaboration.
More Information about the Solution Accelerator Notifications Newsletter
Register to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and Collaboration
- Security, Data Protection, and Recovery
- Operations and Management
You may also receive invitations to participate in accelerator development via beta programs and customer surveys. Solution Accelerator Notifications is currently available in English only.
You can download the documents over here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/