An update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager (KB940518) has been released to integrate Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 1 (WSUS 3.0 SP1). This update to Server Manager enables full integration of WSUS 3.0 SP1 into Server Manager, allowing installation, configuration, and management of WSUS 3.0 SP1 using the Server Manager console and wizards.
How to determine whether the service pack is installed
Look for Update for Windows (KB940518) in the View installed updates item or in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. If Update for Windows (KB940518) does not appear, the update is not installed.
To avoid restarting the computer, verify that the Initial Configuration Tasks, Server Manager, and the Servermanagercmd.exe process are not running during the installation process. You must also log on to the computer as an administrator to install this update.
1. On a computer that is running Windows Server 2008, download the update package from the Microsoft Web site that is listed in the “Update information” section.
2. Double-click the download package to start the Setup wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
3. Use one of the following methods to open Server Manager:
• Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
• Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
• Click the Quick Launch bar, and then click Server Manager.
Note If WSUS 3.0 SP1 is already installed on your computer, you do not have to complete the remaining steps.
4. On the Server Manager home page, click Add Roles in the Roles Summary section.
5. On the Select Roles page of the Add Roles Wizard, click to select Windows Server Update Services from the list of available roles.
6. Follow the instructions in the Add Roles Wizard to complete installation.
More information and download locations can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940518