These are the steps, you need to do, before you can install the Performance Charts plugin. Step one is one of the most important steps. I forgot to copy the files and the install gave me a nice “Access Denied” error.
- Copy the VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 4 build to the VirtualCenter Server system.
- If you are upgrading to VirtualCenter 2.5 Update4, stop the VMware Infrastructure Web Access service before upgrading the VirtualCenter.
- Install or ugrade to VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 4 and start the VMware Infrastructure Web Access service.
- Dowload Java SE Development Kit 6u11, and install JDK 1.6.
- Configure the environment variables:
- Right-click My Computer and click Properties.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- In the System variable list, select Path and click Edit.
- In Variable value, enter C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin\
If an older version of JRE is present, run the following command in the command window:
set path=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin\;%path%
In the System variable list, select JAVA_HOME and click Edit.
If JAVA_HOME does not exist, click New and in the Variable name, enter JAVA_HOME.
In Variable value, enter C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin\
Log out and log back in to the VirtualCenter Server.
To install the Performance Overview plug-in:
- In the command window of VirtualCenter Server system, go to the vpx/perfCharts folder, the location where the Performance Overview plug-in is available.
If you are using the ZIP file, go to the bin\perfCharts folder.
- Run install.bat <VirtualCenter_Username> <VirtualCenter_Password>
Download and Install the plugin:
After the install activate the plugin via the installed tab.
And here is one screenshot from a VM: