After reading the post about the release of Veeam Backup 3.01 over at http://virtualfuture.info/. I downloaded the software and upgraded to version 3.01. In this post you’ll find the information you need about the upgrade process.
1. Uninstall Veeam Backup 3.0. Your Product configuration will be preserved in the Veeam Backup configuration database.
2. Download Veeam Backup 3.0.1 from http://www.veeam.com/download_all.asp
3. Extract the downloaded archive and run the Veeam_Backup_Setup.exe setup file.
4. Accept the terms of Veeam Backup and FastSCP License Agreement to install the product.
5. Provide setup program with your license file.
6. Specify the installation folder.
7. Specify the Microsoft SQL server database and instance to use for storing Veeam Backup configuration. You should select the same database and instance you have used for Veeam Backup 3.0.
8. Confirm that you want to use existing Veeam Backup configuration database when prompted.
9. Specify the administrative credentials to run the Veeam Backup service. The account must have Local Administrator privileges on the computer where you are installing Veeam Backup.
10. Click Install to start the installation.
11. Launch the Veeam Backup product by clicking the Veeam Backup and FastSCP product icon on your desktop.