Paul Buckle van www.xtravirt.com has released an awesome script called VMware Documentation Downloader.
- Microsoft Windows
- GetVMwareDocs.bat script (download latest version below)
- wget.exe utility (wiki available here and download utility at http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget)
- Minimum of 650MB free disk space (this requirement will increase over time as VMware publish new documentation)
- Internet access (direct, or via an HTTP proxy)
- .txt files have been associated with a document viewer
- .html files have been associated with a web browser
- Create a folder to contain the script and the downloaded files (eg. C:\VMwarePDFs).
- Download GetVMwareDocs.bat and wget.exe and save them to this folder.
Alternatively, copy an existing “installation” from another machine.
So if you want an offline copy of the VMware documents, grab a copy of the script here: http://xtravirt.com/xd10109 (you have to sign in). Download wget,exe and you’re ready to download the docs.
The script in action: