In my journey of tuning my VCB Proxy for the best performance. I came across this post on the Veeam forums by drbarker: http://forum.veeam.com/. In this post, he describes the steps to be taken, if you want to disable multipathing on your VCB Proxy:
1. Log on to your VCB proxy as a user with administrative privileges.
2. Click Start. Right-click My Computer in the Start menu and select Manage. The Computer Management window opens.
3. In the Computer Management window, select Storage > Disk Management.
If the Initialize and Convert Disk Wizard opens, close it.
The lower-right portion of the Computer Management window displays a list of all disks visible to the system.
Inactive paths to disks are indicated by a No Entry icon placed over the disk.
4. To disable an inactive path, right-click its icon and select Properties from the context menu. The Disk Drive Properties dialog box opens.
5. On the General tab, change the value for Device usage to "Do not use this device (disable)." This removes the disk from the list of devices presented by Disk Management.
6. Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 for all inactive paths.