If you try to install Veeam FastSCP3 on Windows 7 X64. You’ll get the following error:
I asked a question about this error in the Veeam Forums: http://forum.veeam.com.
Gostev suggested the following:
the workaround is to hack installation package and remove OS version check (if you know how to do this)
So this is exactly what i did. I found a script on this page: http://lazynetworkadmin.com. This script does exactly what i needed. It removes the OS Version Check from the MSI.
These are the steps:
- Download Veeam FastSCP 3 from here: http://www.veeam.com
- Extract the zip file.
- Download winrar and extract the veeam_fastscp_3.0.exe.
- Get the scrtipt from: http://lazynetworkadmin.com and save it on the desktop.
- Grab the extracted FastSCPSetup.msi and drop it on the script. After a couple of seconds, the following screens will popup:
- You can install FastSCP 3 by running the FastSCPSetup.msi.