If you try to install Veeam FastSCP3 on Windows 7 X64. You’ll get the following error:
I asked a question about this error in the Veeam Forums: http://forum.veeam.com.
Gostev suggested the following:
the workaround is to hack installation package and remove OS version check (if you know how to do this)
So this is exactly what i did. I found a script on this page: http://lazynetworkadmin.com. This script does exactly what i needed. It removes the OS Version Check from the MSI.
These are the steps:
- Download Veeam FastSCP 3 from here: http://www.veeam.com
- Extract the zip file.
- Download winrar and extract the veeam_fastscp_3.0.exe.
- Get the scrtipt from: http://lazynetworkadmin.com and save it on the desktop.
- Grab the extracted FastSCPSetup.msi and drop it on the script. After a couple of seconds, the following screens will popup:
- You can install FastSCP 3 by running the FastSCPSetup.msi.
4 thoughts on “Veeam FastSCP3 on Windows 7 X64”
The script works but trying to connect to a esx server give the result password to long
Got here from the Veeam forums. Great blog, thanks.
No joy for me.
I follow the instructions and after dropping on the vbs, get an error message at line 22, char 16 (OpenDatabase). This is with the 126.96.36.1996 version.
Somebody on Veeam forum suggested just using Win7 compatibility support, so I tried that. I was able to install FastSCP, but then I get the “password too long” when logging in.
Thanks for blogging this, anyway!